ASSET CARE ZONE LEADER
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the (ACZL) shall be responsible for the effective management and maintenance of all the equipment in the zone(s) to which he/she is assigned. He/she shall be available to fully sustain the zone by providing quality, prompt and efficient technical support at all times. It is anticipated that the (ACZL) will drive the continuous improvement culture for the zone. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the mechanical efficiency targets as defined by management are attained by effectively troubleshooting and rectifying all machinery related issues in a timely manner.
- Working with the Asset Care Planner to develop a complete routine, corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance programme for all equipment within the zone and ensure the successful execution of the programme.
- Developing an annual overhaul programme for the zone.
- Liaising with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) on any updates to manuals and/or upgrades to the equipment within the zone thereby ensuring all information is current and upgrades effectively implemented.
- Ensuring the availability of all critical spares parts, tools, manuals and equipment to ensure all efficiency targets are met.
- Generating and presenting reports for management review as required.
- Ensuring all metrics and relevant information relating to the zone are updated and prominently displayed on the zone information centre within specified time frames.
- Preparing annual budgets detailing expenses (i.e., including Capital Investment, cost of overhauls, training costs, tools, retrofits, zone facilities maintenance etc.).
- Assisting with the technical evaluation of all personnel working in the zone and recommend and/or deliver training as required.
- Performing other reasonable job related duties as may be assigned by management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc. Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Two (2) years or more of job related experience is required.
- Practical knowledge in trouble shooting sophisticated electrical and electronic circuits.
- Skills oriented to troubleshoot mechanical components
- Knowledgeable of programmable logic controllers
- Sound engineering skills in machine repairs, maintenance, preventative maintenance and electro-mechanics and knowledge of motors, controllers, circuits and code for electrical installations
- The ability to read and interpret electrical and electronics drawings as well as mechanical parts books
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office) with the ability to operate in a SAP environment
Compensation & Benefits:
The BHL Group offers attractive compensation and benefits packages including: Group Life, Medical and Pension.